2017 Fall Conference
November 3-5, 2017
DoubleTree by Hilton
51 Walnut Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
Conference Chair: Jim Vogele, DTM
Keynote Speaker: DONALD F. BITTICK, DTM: Region 5 International Director
District Director - Bill Essen, DTM
Program Quality Director - Kathy Donavan, DTM
Club Growth Director - Don Schulze, DTM
FRIDAY - November 3
7:00 - 9:00 PM Aquarium and Trivia
SATURDAY - November 4
7:45 - 8:30 a.m. Educational Workshops
- What does it take to be an effective and successful leader?
- What you must know before you go.
8:30 - 9:45 a.m. Breakfast, Opening Ceremonies, Keynote Speaker
10:00 - 10:45 a.m. Educational Workshops
- Pancakes with passion: How to believe in yourself, build your club and improve your life!
- What's on your Toastmasters bookshelf?
10:00 - 11:45 a.m. Educational Workshops
- Two hours to world class speaking: Speaking strategies that will save you months of frustrating trial-and-error
- Mentoring - Partnering for excellence.
11:00 - 11:45 a.m. Educational Workshops
- Are you ready to stop being the best kept secret: How to get media coverage.
- Facilitating adult learning: How to teach so adults learn.
- How Toastmasters can make you a better author and presenter.
Noon - 1:45 p.m. District Awards Luncheon
2:00 - 3:45 p.m. District Business Meeting
4:00 - 4:45 p.m. Educational Workshops, Contestant Briefing, Judges Briefing
- Help! How do I navigate the Toastmasters International website?
- A woman's guide to silencing her inner circle.
5:00 - 6:30 p.m. Humorous Speech Contest
6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Social Time and First Timers Reception
7:30 - 11:00 p.m. C&L Award Winner Dinner and Dance (Humorous winner announced at banquet).
Sunday - November 5
8:30 - 9:15 a.m. Educational Workshops, Contestant Briefing, Judges Briefing
- Contest speeches made easy.
- Social Media: Cultivating your personal learning network and extending the virtual handshake.
10:30 a.m. Breakfast, Table Topics Contest, Closing Speaker